by Sarah K. Grundy
We're here to help you stay green as you spread cheer in this season of togetherness and new beginnings with our gift guide for the planet. We've prepared a list of gift ideas from some of our favorite sustainable brands to help you stay conscious of the planet through all your holiday gifting.
1. Chocolate is the real "girl’s best friend." Treats made from cacao have notoriously brought an abundance of joy to the world, but Alter Eco takes it one step further with their sustainability practices. They are Climate Neutral certified, and they craft delicious chocolate using regenerative agriculture practices, which is a win-win for your taste buds and the planet. Globally agriculture is responsible for almost 25% of CO2 emissions! That’s why experts urge regenerative farming practices over outdated and harmful methods. Regenerative farming pulls carbon out of the atmosphere and restores the health of our soil, while protecting our food and chocolate in the process! With gorgeous wrapping and delicious flavors like caramel truffles, Alter Eco chocolates are a brilliant stocking stuffer, or addition to a special gift box preparation.
2. Shop simple and sustainable self care, home, and baby care— Zero Waste Store stays true to plastic free and carbon neutral shipping, and they have something amazing for everyone, no matter your budget. A timeless beauty must-have and gift that every woman will love is their Rose Quartz Gua Sha Facial Tool! A true uplift for any facial routine, Gua Sha is an ancient healing technique that stimulates the face, improving suppleness and glow. This makes a top-notch stocking stuffer. We also love their 2020 Gift Guide by Ossapha Ou for more gift tips!
3. Life is better outside! Camping, hiking, wandering, surfing, or rafting— the goal for the nature lover at heart is to be outside as much as possible, and gear is essential for those in love with the outdoors. We love earth friendly, women owned-and-operated Lava! They make travel towels that will keep your outdoor buddy free of mud, salt, and through all their rugged adventures. Their specialty towels are designed with earth friendly fibers (no microplastics), and they offer lifetime repairs to prevent waste. They are also a Climate Neutral certified brand.
4. Plant trees in honor of your favorite tree hugger this year, or go all out and give the gift of sleeping in trees! Tentsile crafts tents that make sleeping in the trees a thing. 20 trees are planted for every tent purchased, plus they have pre-loved gear available. Tentsile is your one-stop-shop for the true outdoor enthusiast in your life. The founder’s motto is "If we're all hanging out in trees, they can't chop them down." We love how this company hangs.
5. Help heal the sea with your stocking stuffers. 4Ocean hand crafts the cutest bracelets from ocean plastic and pulls a pound of waste from the ocean with every purchase! Born on a plastic covered beach in Bali, Indonesia, 4Ocean has become a leader in the environmental movement partnering with some of the most wonderful organizations to help the sea and sea life. Splurge for a cause and get their Clean Ocean Collection, or shop based on your passion for sharks, seals, dolphins, whales, or other.